How can I create social opportunities for the person I provide care to?
- Make contact with other parents or caregivers and try to arrange meet ups and outings.
- Find out about all activities, groups and events in your local community that the person you care for might like to attend.
- Find camps available during the Summer in your local area for children and adults that may help the person you care for to meet other people and have fun.
- Support the person you care for to find social opportunities for themselves, maybe about something they enjoy like art, or cycling.
- Encourage the person to join a group or club about a topic they find interesting such as computer programming or science fiction. If the person is interested in the subject, they are more likely to stay involved.