Frequent behaviour of drug abusers:
– increased aggression and irritability;
– changes in their attitude and personality;
– sadness, lethargy, depression;
– great changes in their habits and priorities;
– engagement in criminal acts…
Depending on the substance abused, some symptoms and warning signs are more evident:
-Alcohol changes the mood and behaviour, making it harder to think clearly; alcohol also impairs coordination
-A common sign of alcohol abuse is the aggressive and violent behaviour.
-Pay also attention to strained relations, problems at works and sleep disorder. Pay also attention to physical harm or illness.
– The consumption causes anxiety, panic attacks, delusions and hallucinations
– Abusers show decreased reaction time (delayed reactions by responding to stimuli).
– Increased blood pressure and congestion of the conjunctival vessels are the most known sign of cannabis consumption – red eyes (bloodshot).
-Euphoria and empathy for others are importante signs
-Heightened sensations: users has higher sense of sound, smell, touch,…
-Impairment of body temperature control and a foaming at the mouth can occur
-Calmness and relaxation usually occur
-Long-lasting energy and lowered inhibition
-Mouth movement like “chewing” is an important characteristic of consumers
-The effects of cocaine are strong; Contrary to other drugs, it is rare that consumers can hide it
-The consumer usually exhibits over-confidence, hyperactivity and aggressive behavior
-Dilated pupils, restlessness, feeling of burning of fingers are important signs
-Usually there is a mental obsession and the person cannot maintain a regular conversation due to their obsession over their next “hit”
-The consumption of LSD causes a serious disconnection from reality and a sensory enhancement
-Users frequently have hallucinations and delusions, accompanied by euphoria
-Also frequent are the increased sweating with dry mouth and tremors
-Heroine is a drug that prompts the consumer to do everything to consume it again
-Needle marks are a telltale sign of heroin abuse. However, new users rarely use it by injection
-Many users are really good hiding the consumption
-Frequently observed are bloodshot eyes, sudden weight loss and changes in appearance
-Financial problems and borrowing money is a common sign of heroin addiction
-Heroin is coupled with severe withdrawal syndromes
In all dependencies usually we can observe: